8. TIME-OUT AND RELAXATION ROOMS
- Door handles and frequently touched areas in the timeout room space will be cleaned multiple times/day.
- If a student is wearing a mask and using the timeout room for calming purposes only, the timeout room will remain open and continue to be used.
- Student will wash or sanitize his or her hands before returning to the classroom.
- Timeout rooms will be properly sanitized at the end of each day using an EPA approved disinfectant.
- If a timeout room is utilized by a student experiencing significant behavioral challenges, it will be posted with a “Do Not Use” sign upon his or her exit until a thorough cleaning using an EPA approved disinfectant is conducted. Once this cleaning occurs, the sign will be removed and the room will be available again for use.