3. HANDWASHING AND HYGIENE
• Hand washing or applying hand sanitizer is required by all, frequently, throughout the day.
• Hand washing, for at least 20 seconds is the most effective form of cleaning your hands and controlling infection.
• When hand washing is not possible, hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) can be used until you have the time or are in the place where you can wash your hands.
• Dispensers for hand sanitizer will be installed in areas where staff are present and may supervise students’ use to ensure safety.
• Hand washing is required at these particular times:
o Upon arrival and departure to and from Shore buildings
o After using the bathroom
o Before and after preparing food for yourself or others.
o Before and after eating
o Before and after using or playing with shared equipment, toys or other activity items
o Before and after assisting a student with dining, health treatments, medication administration, personal care, behavior, or other activities that require some physical contact and assistance.
o Before and after touching your mouth, nose, eyes
o After caring for anyone who is sick
o After removing gloves or any other PPE
o After sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose
o After cleaning or disinfecting any surface or items
o After touching, removing trash