6. RELAXATION/DE-ESCALATION ROOMS
● Door handles and frequently touched areas in the relaxation room space will be cleaned multiple times/day.
● If an individual is wearing a mask and using the relaxation room for
calming/de-escalation purposes only, the relaxation room will remain open and continue to be used.
● Individuals and supervising staff will wash or sanitize their hands before returning to their program room.
● Relaxation rooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day and at the end of each day using an EPA approved disinfectant.
● If a relaxation room is utilized by an individual experiencing significant behavioral challenges, it will be posted with a “Do Not Use” sign upon his or her exit until a thorough cleaning using an EPA approved disinfectant is conducted. Once this cleaning occurs, the sign will be removed and the room will be available again for use.