6. CHANGING INDIVIDUALS ON MAT TABLES WHO NEED PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANCE
● Personal care items are safely stored for each individual
● Staff will keep mat tables cleared of unnecessary items unrelated to changing.
● Designated changing areas will be regularly inspected throughout the day to ensure all necessary equipment and supplies are available in the area
● Mat table surfaces will be sanitized/ disinfected between every use.
●Staff will remove gloves used to clean/disinfect the mat table and wash hands.
●Staff will line clean mat table with protective paper/ blue ‘chuck’ pad prior to assisting an individual
●Staff will bring the individual to the designated changing area.
●Staff will don clean PPE (gloves, gown, mask, face shield).
●Staff will explain procedure to individual and ensure their privacy
●Transfer individual to changing table.
●Remove soiled incontinent pad and place in a new plastic trash bag (grocery bags should not be used)
●Clean individual using wipes and/ or soap and water, check individual for changes to skin integrity & notify nurse of any concerns.
●Dispose of soiled gloves in plastic bag, wash/sanitize hands, and put on clean pair of gloves.
●Place clean incontinence pad and clothing on individual.
●Transfer individual from changing table and assist individual to wash/sanitize hands.
●Clean and sanitize mat table/surface
●Remove gloves and wash hands.