5. TOILETING AND PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANCE IN BATHROOMS
● Personal care items are stored or brought in personal backpacks for individuals who may need a change of clothing.
● Staff will don clean PPE, gown, gloves, face shield in addition to mask
● Staff will explain what they will be doing to assist the individual and allow for their independence/participation as much as possible
● Staff will maintain social distancing of 6 feet as much as possible during bathroom assistance
● Staff will dispose of soiled gloves and put on a clean pair of gloves to assist with clothing if needed and/or to transfer the individual
● Staff will assist individuals to thoroughly wash hands after toileting using the minimum amount of prompts needed to thoroughly clean hands. If hand-over-hand assistance is necessary to thoroughly wash with soap, this should be provided.
●Staff will place soiled clothing items in doubled plastic bags, which will be tied and sent home at the end of the day for laundering